Carrier Delta-Phase® shakeout machines efficiently shake out castings and reduce sand lump size.
Carrier’s Delta-Phase Shakeouts improve foundry profitability by reducing maintenance costs, increasing the quality of castings, and maximizing sand removal. Our patented Delta-Phase shakeouts use a unique vibratory motion to separate sand from castings, allowing sand to pass through a perforated deck and castings to end discharge for further processing. These shakeout machines allow for precise control over the angle of vibration, optimizing the removal of sand, even when the machine is in-use.
Delta-Phase Shakeout Process Controls
The heart of the Delta-Phase Shakeout is the process controller. Using simple and reliable electronics, the Delta-Phase shakeout machine can precisely control the vibration angle. This change in vibration angle controls the conveying speed and retention time of your castings on the shakeout deck, optimizing sand removal. You can accurately and automatically change this angle – even on the fly!
Features and benefits of Carrier Delta-Phase shakeout machines:
- Patented Delta-Phase shakeouts provide ultimate process control.
- Available in low, medium, and high-frequency designs with direct drive force or natural frequency designs.
- Used for sand-to-metal ratios as low as 5:1 and as high as 60:1.
- Direct drive design prevents overstroke during upset conditions caused by wet, sticky sand.
- Natural frequency designs handle heavy duty applications with very low energy consumption.
- Mounted on soft isolation springs to reduce the dynamic reaction transmitted to the foundation.
- Barrel Horse™ shakeout machine provides the above features while gently blending the molding sand with the castings. It also provides homogeneous, conditioned sand and cool, clean castings. Extremely useful for handling fragile castings commonly damaged by rotating drum shakeouts.
For more information on Carrier shakeout machines and our line of additional heavy-duty foundry equipment, refer to brochures CVE-FND-0422.