Carrier conventional or static fluid bed coolers can cool a variety of products without the aid of vibration.
Our conventional fluid bed coolers pass air directly through a bed of solid material via a perforated plate, nozzles, or other fluidizing media, thereby lifting and mixing the solids. At a certain air velocity (the fluidization velocity), the bed will behave much like a boiling liquid.
Conventional fluid bed coolers are well suited for:
- Static Fluid bed coolers can be multi-functional, providing drying, cooling, classifying, sterilizing, and more in a single unit.
- Continuous operation or batch.
- Efficient processing without product degradation – Carrier fluid bed coolers provide gentle fluidizing action.
Features and benefits of Carrier conventional fluid bed coolers:
- Product is continually mixed to promote uniformity.
- Our fluid bed coolers are easily adaptable to batch or continuous processing.
- Indirect heat transfer tubes or plates can be immersed in the bed, significantly reducing the size and cost of the fluid bed and increasing energy efficiency.
- Efficient static fluid bed cooler design transfers heat with low energy consumption
- Vibration can be used to aid in processing more difficult products.
- Sampling ports.
- Variation in process by controlling fluid bed cooler bed depth, retention time and product temperature.
- Sanitary, U.S.D.A (3A) approved construction.
- Proven performance, our conventional fluid bed coolers offer easy cleaning, rugged construction, are dust tight, and are low maintenance.
For more information on Conventional Fluid Bed Processors, refer to brochure #16511.